The Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Trade of the Republic of Kenya through the Kenya High Commission in Ottawa is in the process of identifying a candidate to represent Kenya as Honorary Consul in Toronto, Canada.
Interested candidates must meet the following criteria for consideration:
• Citizens/permanent residents of Canada
• Have strong links with, or have demonstrated strong interest in establishing links with Kenya;
• Not be an Honorary Consul of any other country;
• Reside full-time in Toronto, where the Consular post will be located and conduct their main business or professional activities in this locality;
• Able to provide suitable offices and office equipment, dedicated for the use in the Honorary Consulate;
• Able to maintain regular office hours, and
• Not be engaged in any remunerated activities as public servants of any level, or be Members of Parliament, legislature or municipal council;
• Fluent in English;
• Knowledgeable in the current business and political affairs of both Kenya and Canada;
All interested candidates are required to submit a covering letter setting out their relevant qualifications, experience and skills in relation to the criteria and other requirements for the post. Applicants must submit detailed Curriculum Vitae. Applications are to be submitted to the Kenya High Commission, Ottawa, 415 Laurier Avenue East, Ottawa, K1N 6R4 or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for receiving the applications is 30th June, 2014.
Kindly note, this post does not attract any form of remuneration.