Information for Emergency Certificates
Emergency Certificate is issued to facilitate one-way travel to Kenya for a Kenyan citizen who for one reason or the other does not have a valid Kenyan passport.
- A duly filled form 19 Click here (same form as passport application form)
- Two Passport size photographs measuring 2.5″ x 2″
- Documentary proof of Kenya citizenship such as Kenya passport, birth certificate, ID or copies thereof.
- Letter explaining reasons why an emergency certificate is required
- A fee of CAD $20.00 payable to Kenya High Commission in a form of money order/certified cheque or bank draft
- Enclose a pre-paid self addressed return Xpresspost courier envelope from Canada Post bearing a tracking number.
Other courier services such as FedEx or UPS should have a “computer-generated label“