The following categories are referred to the Director of Immigration Services, Nairobi, Kenya for further processing, and may take longer time to process with no expedited service. (Please note that this service is not available through our online E-visa).
Holders of Travel Documents/Certificates of Identity and nationals of the following countries:-
- North Korea
- Tadjikistan and
- Please note that the processing period varies from case to case and may take (upto two (2 ) months).
It is strong advised to hold off booking your travel until you have a valid Kenyan Visa – doing so is at your own risk.
Please note that the possession of a Kenyan Visa is not the final authority to enter Kenya. The immigration officer at the port of entry may deny entry if the visitor is unable to fulfill the immigration requirements and if the entry and presence of such a person in Kenya would be contrary to national interests, even if such a person is in possession of a valid visa for Kenya.
Referred Visa Requirements
- Request letter (cover letter)
- A valid original Travel Document/Certificate of Identity or Passport – (must be valid for at least six months at the time of entry to Kenya)
- Three (3) copies of bio-data page (information page with picture) of travel document or passport.
- Three (3) Completed (Filled in) Application Forms. Click here to download.
- Three (3) Passport size photos (NB: Computer generated pictures are not acceptable)
- Three (3) copies of Permanent Resident Card
- Three (3) copies of signed Letter of Invitation from the host
- Three (3) colour copies of the host’s Identification as follows:
- Kenyan hosts :
- Three (3) colour copies of National Identity (I.D) Card or Bio-data Page of Kenya passport.
- For those being invited by their spouses, please attach three(3) copies of Marriage Certificate.
Non Kenyan hosts:
- Three (3) colour copies of Alien Certificate Card or Work Permit.
- Three(3) colour copies of Bio-data page of their Passport.
- Those being invited by their spouses attach three(3) copies of Marriage Certificate as well.
- Two separate Certified Cheques or Money Order( Payable To Kenya High Commission) in the amounts of
- CAD$30.00 (non-refundable) for Visa Processing Fee, and CAD$65.00 For Visa Processing fee for Single Entry into Kenya.
- Pre-paid self-addressed return courier envelope from Canada Post Xpresspost with a tracking number. All other courier services such as FedEx/UPS/DHL should have a computer-generated label. Application not meeting the above requirements will be considered INCOMPLETE and will remain unprocessed.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- All clients are advised to submit the exact amount of the official fee for the service required in the form of Money Order or Certified Cheques payable to Kenya High Commission. No cash or Personal Cheques are accepted. No refunds will be made for applications mailed to the High Commission with an amount which is over and above the indicated amount
- Submit the above requirements to Kenya High Commission, 415 Laurier Avenue East, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6R4
NB: Any incomplete application will be returned.
For walk-ins only may use debitcard/visa/mastercard or American Express card.
To avoid delays in processing your application please ensure that you have read all the requirements above.