The following categories are referred to the Director of Immigration Services in Kenya for further processing.
Referred visa may take longer time to process with no expedited service. (Please note that this service is not available through our online E-visa portal).
- Holders of Travel Documents or Certificates of Identity (non national passports).
- Nationals of the following countries :-
- North Korea
Please note that the processing period varies from case to case and may take up to two (2 ) months.
It is strongly advised to hold off booking your travel until you have a valid Kenyan Visa.
Please note that the possession of a Kenyan Visa is not the final authority to enter Kenya. The immigration officer at the port of entry, may deny entry if the visitor is unable to fulfill the immigration requirements, and if the entry and presence of such a person in Kenya would be contrary to national interests.
Referred Visa Requirements
The following requirements must be submitted in triplicate (3) :-
- Request letter (cover letter)
- Attach a valid actual Travel Document or Certificate of Identity or Passport . The validity must be at least six months at the time of entry to Kenya.
- copies of bio-data page (information page with picture) of travel document or passport.
- Completed (Filled in) Application Forms. Click here to download.
- Passport size photos (NB: Computer generated pictures are not acceptable)
- copies of Permanent Resident Card
- copies of signed Letter of Invitation from the host
- Two (2) separate Money Orders or Certified Cheques payable to (Kenya High Commission) as follows:-
- C$30.00 (non refundable processing fee) and
- C$65.00 being Visa processing fee for the Single Entry Visa.
- colour copies of the host’s Identification as follows:-
For Kenyan hosts :
- please attach colour copies of National Identity (I.D) Card or Bio-data Page of Kenya passport.
- If you are being invited by your spouse, please attach three(3) copies of Marriage Certificate.
For non Kenyan hosts:
- Please attach colour copies of Alien Certificate Card or Work Permit.
- colour copies of Bio-data page of your own Passport/Travel document.
- If you are being invited by your spouse, please attach three(3) copies of Marriage Certificate
10. Pre-paid self-addressed return courier envelope from Canada Post (Xpresspost) with a tracking number. If you are using other courier services such as FedEx, UPS or DHL please attach computer-generated labels.
- Application not meeting the above requirements will be considered INCOMPLETE and will remain unprocessed.
- All clients are advised to submit the exact amount of the official fee for the service required in the form of Money Order or Certified Cheques payable to Kenya High Commission. No cash or Personal Cheques are accepted. No refunds will be made for applications mailed to the High Commission with an amount which is over and above the indicated amount
- Submit the above requirements to Kenya High Commission, 415 Laurier Avenue East, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6R4
NB: Any incomplete application(s) will be returned.
Walk-ins only may use either debitcard, visa card, Master card or American Express card.
To avoid delays in processing your application please ensure that you have read all the requirements above.