The Kenya High Commission in Ottawa was established in 1978 with a Mandate to promote, project and protect the image and the interests of Kenya and the Kenyan community in Canada. The Mission is accredited to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in Montreal, Canada since 2012.
The Kenya High Commission’s mandate is to implement Kenya’s Foreign Policy in Canada, and ICAO as derived from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of the Republic of Kenya.
To build new and robust partnerships while enhancing existing bilateral relationships between Kenya and the countries of accreditation, as well as strengthen co-operation with multilateral organizations based in Canada especially the International Civil Aviation Organization.
To be a dynamic diplomatic Mission pursuing Kenya’s interest and values in Canada, and at ICAO
In execution of her mandate, the Mission:
- Projects Kenya’s Foreign Policy and defends her interests through Diplomatic Representation at both bilateral and multilateral levels.
- Ensures effective diplomatic representation and maintains cordial relations with countries of accreditation and ICAO.
- Projects and protects the image of Kenya, and promotes Kenyan goods and services through its Commercial and Tourist Departments.
- Promotes Kenya goods and services and show cases existing investments andtrade opportunities in Kenya.
- Facilitates varied consultative seminars and meetings with Kenyan investors and foreign entrepreneurs.
- Negotiates and coordinates implementation of Bilateral Cooperation Agreements.
- Liaises closely with ICAO on matters relating to the Aviation industry.
- Offers Immigration, Consular Services and protects the interests of Kenyan living, travelling or doing business in countries of accreditation
The Mission is guided by the following core values:
- Patriotism: Our Staff exercise loyalty and uphold allegiance to the Republic of Kenya at all times
- Customer Focus: We treat our stakeholders with courtesy, respect and promptness
- Professionalism: Our staff exercise high level of professional competence and confidentiality in all their work
- Equity and Fairness: We promote justice, impartiality and diversity in all our dealings
- Team Spirit: We promote teamwork to enhance service delivery and inculcate shared and collective responsibility in executing our mandate
- Ethics and Integrity: We embrace transparency and accountability in all operations of the Mission