Birth and Death Search Certificate
REQUIREMENTS FOR DUPLICATE BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- Formal Letter of Application
- Two duly completed “search forms” Please click here to download
- CAD $56.00 (non-refundable Money Order/Banker’s Draft/Certified cheque only payable to Kenya High Commission).
**No refunds will be made for applications mailed to this office with amounts over and above the indicated amount.
- Two clear copies of the original birth certificate or birth notification from hospital.
- A pre-paid self addressed return Xpresspost courier envelope from Canada Post (it should have a tracking number).
Other courier services should have a “computer-generated label“
- All fees listed are in Canadian currency only
- For walk-ins, we have an interac machine hence clients can use credit/debit cards for payments.
- Payment of fee does not guarantee that a Duplicate Birth Certificate will be issued.
- The processing time is between 2-6 months.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION OF BIRTH OF A KENYAN OCCURRING ABROAD
Provide the following in duplicate:
- Application form duly filled (Click here to download)
- Certified copies of bio-data page of both parents passports, ID cards & birth certificates.
- Certified copies of the child’s Birth Certificate (Not a notification nor Registration).
- Certified copies of parents’ marriage certificate either international or translated into English, if legally married.
- A non-refundable fee of C$56.00 payable to Kenya High Commission by either Money Order/Bankers Draft or Certified cheque
- Walk-in’s to the Mission can use debit card or visa card.
- Attach a pre-paid Self-Addressed Return Courier Envelope e.g: – Xpresspost from Canada Post. Other courier services such as Fedex/UPS must have a computer-generated label.
Processing time: 3 months or more.
Please mail the above documents by courier to:-
KENYA HIGH COMMISSION
415 LAURIER AVENUE EAST