REQUIREMENTS FOR DUPLICATE BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- Formal Letter of Application
- Two duly completed “search forms” Please click here to download
- CAD $56.00 (non-refundable Money Order/Banker’s Draft/Certified cheque only payable to Kenya High Commission).
**No refunds will be made for applications mailed to this office with amounts over and above the indicated amount.
- Two clear copies of the original birth certificate or birth notification from hospital.
- A pre-paid self addressed return Xpresspost courier envelope from Canada Post (it should have a tracking number).
Other courier services should have a “computer-generated label“
- All fees listed are in Canadian currency only
- For walk-ins, we have an interac machine hence clients can use credit/debit cards for payments.
- Payment of fee does not guarantee that a Duplicate Birth Certificate will be issued.
- The processing time is between 2-6 months.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION OF BIRTH OF A KENYAN OCCURRING ABROAD
Provide the following in duplicate:
- Application form duly filled (Click here to download)
- Copies of both parents’ passports (bio-data page only)
- Copies of the child’s Birth Certificate issued by the civil authorities or the hospital in the country of birth (either an international version or copies of the original and an official English translation).
- Copies of parents’ marriage certificate either international or translated into English, if legally married
- A non-refundable fee of C$56.00 payable to Kenya High Commission by either Money Order/Bankers Draft or Certified cheque
- Walk-in’s to the Mission can use debit card or visa card.
- Attach a pre-paid Self-Addressed Return Courier Envelope e.g: – Xpresspost from Canada Post. Other courier services such as Fedex/UPS must have a computer-generated label.
Processing time: Approximately 3 months
Please mail the above documents by courier to:-
KENYA HIGH COMMISSION
415 LAURIER AVENUE EAST