Information for Obtaining a Marriage Certificate
Enquiries regarding obtaining a marriage certificate should be directed to:
The Registrar of Marriages
Department of the Registrar General
P.O. Box 30031
Requirements for Non-Kenyans Wishing to Conduct a Marriage Ceremony in Kenya
Non-Kenyan parties wishing to conduct a marriage ceremony in Kenya are required to produce the following documents:
- Birth certificates
- Valid passports
- Decree Absolutes (if divorced)
- Death certificate (if widowed)
- Separate Statutory Declarations sworn at a Commissioner for Oaths/Notary Public’s office, stating the fact that one is single and free to marry.
- A notice of 21 days must be made.
- Parental consent in form of legal document for persons below twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Residency in the country for twenty-one days. If this is not possible, a Special Licence could be obtained beforehand by contacting the Registrar’s Office in Kenya.
The contact addresses for the Registrar’s Offices in Nairobi and Mombasa are:
The Registrar of Marriages, Department of the Registrar General,
PO Box 30031,
Tel: 254 2 227461
Fax: 254 2 215651