APPLICATION OF VISAS ONLINE
All applications for Kenyan visas can be applied for, paid for and issued online from January 1, 2021. The e-visa can be obtained through www.evisa.go.ke.
An E-visa is required prior to departure to Kenya. Eligibility. Do you qualify to apply? Click here
Fraudulent Website: The official website for applying for a visa is www.evisa.go.ke. The Mission will not be held responsible for applications done through other websites which are fraudulent and scams that charge higher visa fees
Exempted from visa:
- Children aged under 16 years of age and below
- Holders of re-entry pass to Kenya
- Holders of Permanent Residence pass
For Visa inquiries,
Call eVISA Customer Care
Working hours 8:00am to 4:00pm
+254 202 222 022,
+254 110 922 063,
+254 110 922 064
+254 110 922 062
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Outside Official Working hours
+254 112 620 512,
+254 112 620 693
Travellers to Kenya are required to have:
- A negative PCR based COVID-19 certificate of test taken within 96 hours before arrival in Kenya
- The PCR certificate should be validated under the Trusted Travel platform. Please Click here to create an account at and proceed.
- Travelers are also required to submit their Travelers Health Surveillance form online through the “jitenge” platform prior to disembarking. Travelers can download the jitenge app on Google Play Store and complete the online registration form direct link: MOH Health Surveillance Form . Upon registration into the platform, the traveler will be issued a QR code that should be presented to the health desk upon arrival in the country. They are also expected to self-monitor and report daily on the same platform for (14) days while in Kenya.
For more information on visa application and visa categories based on nationalities, please visit www.immigration.go.ke . This website provides comprehensive details on all immigration services provided by the Department of Immigration of Kenya in Nairobi including but not limited to work permit, passes, citizenship, other immigration services and frequently asked questions (F.A.Qs).
Visa applicants who intend to undertake an internship/ placement and volunteer work in Kenya are further required to liaise with their host organizations/ companies in Kenya to make application for the appropriate authorization to the Director of Immigration Services (P.O. Box 30191, Nairobi. Telephone +254-222-022) prior to their engagement in the respective attachments.
- The possession of a Kenyan Visa is not the final authority to enter Kenya. The immigration officer at the port of entry may deny permission to land if the visitor is unable to fulfill the immigration requirements and if the entry and presence of such a person in Kenya would be contrary to national interests, even if such a person is in possession of a valid visa for Kenya, provided that any such refusal is consented to by the Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi, his Deputy or Regional Immigration Heads in Mombasa and Kisumu.
- A Kenyan entry visa is valid for entry to Kenya within 3 months from the date of issue. The length of stay in Kenya begins on the date of entry into Kenya, NOT from the date of visa issuance. The authority and length of stay is determined and endorsed by an immigration officer at the port of entry Kenya upon your arrival.
There is no mandatory vaccination requirement for travellers arriving in Kenya from Canada with a layover in Europe or the Middle East. However, those having layovers in any African country enroute to Kenya may be required to produce a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate on arrival. It is highly recommended to have one if your itinerary involves visits to more than one country in Africa to avoid inconvenience at ports of entry.