EXEMPTION OF VISA FEES FOR CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS OLD
The Government of Kenya has waived visa fees for children under 16 years of age who are accompanying their parents to Kenya. The exemption takes effect immediately. Please Click here for more details.
APPLICATION FOR VISA TO KENYA
The available options to apply for visa to Kenya are:-
- Online application through http://evisa.go.ke or http://www.ecitizen.go.ke. Kindly note that these are the only official government websites to apply for Kenyan visas online. We are not responsible for any applications made through other private websites.
- Through the Kenya High Commission Office at 415 Laurier Avenue East, Ottawa, Ontario, either by courier mail or in person. For requirements please check below.
- At the port of entry in Kenya (Airport, land border or sea port).
NB: The above options apply to persons/nationals who require visas to travel to Kenya and who can obtain them on application. Canadian passport holders fall in this category. If holding a different passport please check http://www.immigration.go.ke/Information.html under Categories of Visas to confirm the visa category you fall under.
SINGLE ENTRY / TOURISM / VISITOR/ OR BUSINESS)
- A valid original passport with minimum validity of six (6) months or more with at least two (2) blank pages
- Duly filled visa application form [click here to download]
- One passport sized photo taken on white background and within the last six months.
- C$65.00 (non-refundable) Money Order/Bankers Draft/Certified cheque payable to Kenya High Commission). No refunds will be made for applications mailed to this office with amounts over and above the indicated amount. Walk-in’s to the Mission can use debit card/visa card located at the front desk
- Flight itinerary
- Enclose a pre-paid self addressed return courier envelope from Canada Post (with tracking number). Other courier services should have a “computer-generated label“
- please submit the above requirements to: Kenya High Commission at 415 Laurier Avenue East, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6R4
- For holders of Canadian Certificate of Identity and Canadian travel document please click here
- for non-Canadian passport holders, please attach a copy of:
- Permanent Resident Card or
- Work Permit or
- Student Visa.
- A letter from the company ( in case of a business trip)
- Minors (under 18) travelling on their own require written consent from either parent.
- A business Visa allows you to attend conferences, workshops, seminars or discussions BUT does not allow you to work in Kenya. Those who wish to work in Kenya (paid or unpaid) require authorization from The Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi (P.O. Box 30191, Nairobi Kenya). Please visit http://www.fns.immigration.go.ke to apply.