A Transit visa is issued to persons connecting through Kenya to other destinations for a period not exceeding 72 hours. Those connecting flights directly without leaving the airport don’t need to apply for Transit visas.
A transit visa shall be obtained online through www.evisa.go.ke.
Exempted from visa:
- Children aged under 16 years of age and below
- Holders of re-entry pass to Kenya
- Holders of Permanent Residence pass
Fraudulent websites :-The official website for applying for a visa is www.evisa.go.ke. The Mission will not be held responsible for applications done through other websites which are fraudulent and scams that charge higher visa fees.
For Visa inquiries,
Call e-VISA Customer Care :
Working hours 8:00am to 5:00pm
+254 202 222 022,
+254 110 922 063,
+254 110 922 064
+254 110 922 062
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Outside Official Working hours
+254 112 620 512,
+254 112 620 693
COVID-19 PANDEMIC TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
For information on health requirements to travel to Kenya, go to the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority website at kcaa.or.ke
- Visa applications without complete requirements will not be processed. Please ensure all the requirements are met.
- Visa applicants who intend to undertake employment, residence, an internship/ placement and volunteer work in Kenya are further required to visit the Department of Immigration Services Foreign Nationals Portal at fns.immigration.go.ke for more information prior to their engagement in the respective attachments.
- Please note that the possession of a Kenyan Visa is not the final authority to enter Kenya. The immigration officer at the port of entry may deny permission to land if the visitor is unable to fulfill the immigration requirements and if the entry and presence of such a person in Kenya would be contrary to national interests, even if such a person is in possession of a valid visa for Kenya, provided that any such refusal is consented to by the Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi, his Deputy or Regional Immigration Heads in Mombasa and Kisumu.