The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK), in collaboration with the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), is conducting an online Diaspora Remittances Survey (DRS) in 19th March- 17th May 2021.
The survey aims at helping to:
- Understand the challenges Kenyans in the diaspora face when they are remitting cash or non-cash transfers.
- Improve the accuracy of data on remittances to Kenya necessary for compilation of the country’s balance of payments and national accounts.
- Collect information on remittance inflows to Kenya to help guide policy with the objective of boosting the role of remittances in supporting the economy and livelihoods.
- Inform how COVID-19 pandemic and other events in source countries affected remittances.
Some of the key information to be collected by the survey include:
- Efficiency and cost of information to Kenyans in the diaspora about investment opportunities in Kenya
- Availability of information to Kenyans in the diaspora about investment opportunities in Kenya.
- Difficulties encountered in remitting cash or non-cash transfers.
- Usage of remittances received.
This is a notification of the upcoming exercise which will be rolled out by CBK within the coming weeks.
This is therefore to kindly request you to inform other Kenyans in Canada and to encourage them to fill out the survey questionnaire which will be accessible through a link on the Central Bank website: https://www.centralbank.go.ke
The information shared in the survey will be treated with utmost confidentiality and will only be released in aggregate form. No Individual responses will go into the survey report.