Information for Obtaining a Marriage Certificate
Enquiries regarding obtaining a marriage certificate should be directed to:
The Registrar of Marriages
Department of the Registrar General
P.O. Box 30031
2. Requirements for Non-Kenyans Wishing to Conduct a Marriage Ceremony in Kenya
Non-Kenyan parties wishing to conduct a marriage ceremony in Kenya are required to produce the following documents:
- Birth certificates.
- Valid passports.
- Decree Absolutes (if divorced).
- Death certificate (if widowed).
- Separate Statutory Declarations sworn at a Commissioner for Oaths/Notary Public’s office, stating the fact that one is single and free to marry.
- A notice of 21 days must be made.
- Parental consent in form of legal document for persons below twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Residency in the country for twenty-one days. If this is not possible, a Special Licence could be obtained beforehand by contacting the Registrar’s Office in Kenya.
The contact address for the Registrar’s Offices in Nairobi is:
The Registrar of Marriages,
Department of the Registrar General,
P.O Box 30031,
Tel: 254 2 227461
Fax: 254 2 215651